Melanie's Effortless

Melanie finished her Effortless pattern!

The pattern is one of mine that can be seen here on my Ravelry Design Page. I am so stinkin' proud of her I feel like a Mom! I think this is maybe her third project. She started it on a Monday evening at Stitch Group. (We call it Stitch Group because not everyone knits, we have some beading and embroidery going on in there too). She wanted to make her Mom a shawl for Christmas and loved the yarn. I convinced her to try a real shawl pattern, this one for a couple of reasons. First of all, the name really is accurate. The thing is so easy to make its great for beginners but also more than satisfying for experienced knitters as it would be an easy project requiring not much reliance on the pattern. Its all easily memorized. Second of all, she had my right at her fingertips for help whenever needed. It took some convincing but she finally gave and allowed me to teach her the cast on. Then she was off. It has been so fun to watch her week after week progress with this shawl. The closer she got to doing the edging the more nervous she got...until I taught her that part and once again, she was off! I wasn't able to make last weeks Monday Night because I was house sitting and when I got home, her finished shawl was on my coffee table ready to be blocked! And anyone who knows me knows I will block happily. I LOVE blocking. Its such a "tah-dah!!" moment in one's knitting project and I love doing it. I was more than happy to block this one for her and have the chance to photograph her on Lucy. 

This  is the Effortless pattern in Lorna's Laces Shepherds Sock, colorway Maple Grove on US size 6

I cant wait to give it to her tonight when we all gather for another Monday Night. Melanie, you should be very proud of yourself! I am!

Comments

  1. Oh, my gosh! This is so beautiful! I can't believe I knitted it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts