Finishing My Mitt Business ...

So, my mitt problem...there seems to an end in sight. I finished the Olive pair I was last working on...


And I'm working on the Burgundy pair now...


When I finish this pair and I am going to make a second pair for my hair stylist. She commented on Moms the last time she was there and I think she'd really like a pair. So I think there is an end in sight to my mitt addiction. Then I'm going to write up the pattern and offer it for free in my Ravelry shop!

Monday night Stitch Group was at our house and when the ladies got here I had a chance to see the progress on Melanie's latest project. As you may or may not remember...the first shawl she did was my Effortless pattern and she did AN AMAZING job on it. It was so awesome I had to photographed it on Lucy...


Melanie is an impressive learner and is beginning to remind me of someone else....me! She is just diving head first into patterns with any regard for the difficulty level and I love it. The shawl she is making now is Unsinkable by the amazing Kirsten Kapur. Melanie loved the pattern so much she wanted to do it in the same yarn that Kirsten did it in. I am so stinkin' proud of her that I took a picture of it and threw it up on Kirsten Kapur's Facebook page which she responded to! Here's what it looks like now...


Its not the best lighting but the knitting is marvelous. And this is a pattern that is lace on both sides. I cant wait to see where she's at with it next week. Melanie is so excited to next be learning how to do short rowing which is how this particular shawl is shaped. Man, she's excited about those upcoming wrap and turns!

Sunday afternoon our friend Roxane came over to do a little spinning with Mom. She brought her newly finished Rondelay so that I could photograph it on Lucy. It turned out beautifully. I love the pattern and it photographed well...




Because of its shawl its a very wearable piece. My Mom has also made this although I don't have any pictures of it on Lucy. 

Kona is doing well. He went to the vet and spent all day there doing whats called a Glucose Curve. Its how we eventually find out what the best dose of insulin is for him to be on. For now we are increasing his dosage from 1 unit twice a day to 1.25 units twice a day. Then he'll go back next month and we do it all over again and do another all day stay and see how he's doing with his insulin. So he's doing well.

So far my week has been pretty quiet and non eventful. Lots of knitting time! Hope you are all doing well and getting lots of knitting done and are enjoying yourselves. See you back here later!

Comments

  1. Ooohhhh, I'm looking forward to that mitt pattern as I have many single skeins of Malabrigo that now want to be mitts!
    Glad to hear that Kona is doing better...so hard to watch our animal buddies suffer!
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts